A history of the Martin's Deli building on Bassett Road
(click photo to enlarge)
north side of store showing interurban tracks
The building on the north end of Bassett Road has housed various businesses since 1911, including a farmers supply store, an ice cream shop, a pizza place and several different grocery stores. Today it is home to Martin’s Deli.
Bay Sweet Shop and the Volunteer store occupied the Bassett Road building in the 1940s.