CSU Local History Special Collections Librarian Bill Barrow to speak at WPPL
Bill Barrow, Archivist and Special Collections librarian at Cleveland State University, knows a good deal about Cleveland and the Western Reserve of northeastern Ohio and has made it possible for others to access that info online. His on-going projects at CSU Library include:
- Cleveland Cartography, a collection of historical and contemporary maps (active since 1996).
- Cleveland Digital Library, an online reference library that includes digital images, maps, photographs, video, drawings, cartoons and electronic text about greater Cleveland and its history (active since 1997).
- The Cleveland Memory Project, a gateway to CSU’s Special Collections that includes an online database of digitized images (active since 2001).
- Ohio’s Heritage Northeast that allows simultaneous searching of six area libraries’ local history collections online.
- SDS@BGSU, one person’s account of the 1960s in Ohio.
- Cleveland History Blog of comments and information about local history matters.
Bill will be sharing some of his knowledge at the next meeting of the Cuyahoga West Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society on Wednesday, September 15, from 7:00-8:45 p.m. in the Porter Room at Westlake Porter Public Library, 27333 Center Ridge Rd. But don’t expect his presentation to be dull and boring. Bill has a wonderful sense of humor.
Come early for refreshments and social time 6:30-7:00 p.m. All are welcome, at no charge. For more information, call 440-899-9201 or visit Cuyahoga West Chapter's website at http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ohcwogs.
Jayne Broestl is the Publicity Chair for the Cuyahoga West Chapter of the OGS.