Long-time Westlake resident and former student to run for school board
My name is Tony Falcone and I am running for the Westlake School Board. I am asking for your vote on November 8.
I am a proud product of Westlake schools – grades K through 12 – and Westlake teachers, administrators and coaches all played a significant role in making me the person I am today. I am absolutely committed to ensuring that each and every student has a similar, positive experience.
I want Westlake Schools to be as great as they can possibly be. Excellence in our district benefits students, administration, staff and taxpayers alike. That said, I do not believe in excellence at any cost. I believe in excellence at an excellent value.
As a board member, I promise to:
- Have an absolute passion for the district - and remember that my first priority is the educational welfare of the students.
- Recognize that my job is one of governance. It is my responsibility to help set the direction for the district, then allow the superintendent and staff to do their jobs.
- Hold all employees of the district accountable for their performance.
- Continually look for ways to improve the district's budget position – from both a revenue and cost perspective.
- Provide a voice for all stakeholders – including students, staff, administration and taxpayers.