Tales of a Fourth-Grade Something - Making Fall Plans
One day when I was helping my sister cross off the days on her calendar, I realized that the next day was going to be the first day of fall. I was so excited because fall is my favorite season (like my dad). Do you remember when I wrote a list of what I wanted to do at the beginning of the summer? I really enjoyed checking things of that list, so I decided to make one for the fall:
1. Carve a pumpkin by myself. I did it last year in Mrs. Fisher’s class, and I want to do it again.
2. Collect leaves and make placemats for my family using wax paper and an iron.
3. Drink hot apple cider (my dad makes the best).
4. Rake fall leaves to earn money to buy Christmas presents for my family.
5. Collect perfect acorns.
6. Step on crunchy leaves. I love the way they sound.
7. Play outside, get super cold and then go back inside and get really warm.
8. Play football with my neighbors.
9. Draw pictures of fall things.
10. Decorate the house for Halloween.
11. Come up with a costume for Halloween and make it myself. I hope not to buy one.
12. Pick apples.
13. I turn 10 in late fall and I’m looking forward to being double digits.
14. Have a fun Thanksgiving with my family.
15. Go camping.
16. Practice piano.
I am really making it a goal to check off every single one of the things on my list. I hope you are as excited about fall as I am. Will you make a list, too?
Audrey Ray is a fourth-grader at Westerly Elementary School.