The Clague House Museum opens for summer
The Clague House Museum, listed on the National Registry of Historic Places in Westlake, is pleased to announce its 2012 summer season opening on Sunday, June 3. The Museum is located at 1371 Clague Rd., just south of Detroit Road.
Built originally in 1876 for Mrs. Robert (Margaret) Clague, and now home of the Westlake Historical Society, the Clague House has stood witness to the the growth of old Dover Township, now Westlake. Once a sprawling fruit farm of 78 acres, it still sits majestically within Clague Memorial Park. It's one of Westlake's most well-kept secrets and one that the Westlake Historical Society wants to be shared by all.
The Clague House will be open for tours on the first and fourth Sundays during the summer months from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. There will be a special summer bridal display at the house during July and August.
The Westlake Historical Society offers free admission to all visitors. Arrangements for special tours and programming can be made by calling 440-808-1961 or by emailing email@example.com. Please see our website at www.westlakeohiohhistory.org for more information.
Westlake Historical Society