Preschoolers frolic in the library
On Presidents Day this year, 26 preschoolers participated in “Fit, Fun, and Frolic” with Carli Markiwitz from Morrison Dance Studio and Young Audiences.
With perky music filling the room at Westlake Porter Public Library, standing on an individual little circle mat, the children:
- Stretched, wiggled, and touched their heads, shoulders, knees and toes
- Learned what a choreographer does and became focused
- Jumped, shook and shimmied and got out all the sillies
- Ran and shook with a scarf to the rhythm
- Floated like a feather in the wind
- Crept in slow motion
- Became un-inflated balloons and got bigger and bigger and bigger
- Rocked and rolled as a guitar player
- Spun around until they dropped
- Moved to the middle into the pot, wiggled with the heat, and one by one popped into kernels of corn
Stretching, wiggling and moving to the rhythm also could be seen among the many adults and grandparents surrounding the circle of children. The program was sponsored by Porter Library and Westlake-Westshore Arts Council.
Westlake Resident; Past President, Westlake-Westshore Arts Council