A preschooler's list of memories of South Africa and Bay Village
Dictated by Adrian Ray, age 4, to his mom, Kim
What will you remember about South Africa?
1) I like playing Bushmen in my garden. I made tools out of sticks and other stuff.
2) My favorite animals are monkeys, baboons and cheetahs.
3) I loved all the monkeys at Monkey Town. I liked feeding and playing with the monkeys.
4) I loved going on hikes at Cape Pointe.
5) I will miss Lecca ("awesome" in Afrikaans) Italian Gelato. It was so fun! Every night that it was hot, we walked to it and got an ice cream cone. I wish I could have had three flavors at one time. I would have picked cinnamon, strawberry and rum raisin.
What do you miss most about home?
1) I love my basement with all my toys. I can’t wait to play with them.
2) I will play with all my stuffed animals.
3) I will play outside on my playground.
4) I want to play with my dog, Hagrid, and my cousins.
5) I want to go to Bay Pool.
Adrian Ray is a soon-to-be preschooler in Bay Village.