Tri-Cís educational lecture series in Westlake continues
The Westshore Campus of Cuyahoga Community College will extend its “Year of the Brain” lecture series into fall semester given the success of the free program last year.
The educational series features brown bag lunch discussions at Westshore Campus and Corporate College West, both in Westlake, plus a pair of interactive evening lectures focusing on a variety of brain-related topics.
“Since the inaugural year attracted so much interest and the theme has so many fascinating topics, our faculty decided to continue to offer these informative and free lectures to our community,” said Robert Searson, dean of academic affairs at Westshore Campus.
The series is based on the Charlie Rose Brain Series on PBS, which explores the final frontier of neuroscience research while examining current advances in brain science.
Topics, times and dates are as follows:
- “The Disordered Brain”: Wednesday, Sept. 10, 1 -2 p.m., at Westshore Campus, Room 131
- “Parkinson’s and Huntington’s”: Wednesday, Sept. 24, 1-2 p.m., at Corporate College West, Room 109
- “Multiple Sclerosis”: Wednesday, Oct. 8, 1-2 p.m., at Westshore Campus, Room 131
- “Alzheimer’s”: Wednesday, Oct. 22, 1-2 p.m., at Corporate College West, Room 109
- “Pain”: Wednesday, Nov. 5, 1-2 p.m., at Westshore Campus, Room 131
- “Agnosias”: Wednesday, Nov. 19, 1-2 p.m., at Corporate College West, Room 109
A pair of evening lectures will include panel discussions with subject experts, interactive activities, games and demonstrations.
Evening lecture topics, times and dates are as follows:
- “The Addicted Brain”: Wednesday, Sept. 17, 7-8:30 p.m., in the Westshore Campus Atrium
- “The Aging Brain”: Wednesday, Oct. 29, 7-8:30 p.m., in the Westshore Campus Atrium
All of the events are free and open to the public, with no reservations required. The Westshore Campus is at 31001 Clemens Road in Westlake; Corporate College West is at 25425 Center Ridge Road in Westlake.
For additional information, visit www.tri-c.edu/YearoftheBrain.
Cuyahoga Community College Westshore Campus