Upcoming events at Bay Village Branch Library
As we start off a new year of books, you may be anticipating some of the titles to be released in 2015, but what great books of 2014 did you miss? Join us at the Bay Village library on Wednesday, Feb. 4, as Bill Kelly, branch manager of Beachwood Library and "Book Guru," presents a list of notable books from 2014. He'll introduce you to books that won awards, notable books, and a few of his favorite titles. So while you wait for the release of 2015 titles, come hear about last year's great reads.
And, don't forget to stop by the library for our next Friends of the Bay Village Branch Library book sale which starts on Saturday, Jan. 24, and ends on Tuesday, Jan. 27.
Storytimes: Caregivers and their children are invited to enjoy rhymes, songs, fingerplays, books and stories together. No registration is required.
- Wednesdays, Jan. 21, 28 and Feb. 4 (9:30 a.m.) Baby & Me Storytime – For caregivers and their children ages birth to 18 months.
- Thursdays, Jan. 22, 29 and Feb. 5 (11 a.m.) Preschool Storytime – For caregivers and their children ages 3-5 (not yet in kindergarten).
- Thursday, Jan. 22 (4 p.m.) Cookies and Books – Children in grades 3-4 are invited to enjoy cookies as we discuss a good book. Copies of the book will be available one month before the discussion.
- Thursdays, Jan. 22, 29 and Feb. 5 (7 p.m.) Family Storytime – For children of all ages with a caregiver.
- Fridays, Jan. 23 and 30 (9:30 a.m.) Family Storytime – For children of all ages and a caregiver.
- Mondays, Jan. 26 and Feb. 2 (9:30 a.m.) Toddler Storytime – For caregivers and their children ages 19-35 months.
- Tuesdays, Jan. 27 and Feb. 3 (9:30 a.m.) Toddler Storytime – For caregivers and their children ages 19-35 months.
- Tuesdays, Jan. 27 and Feb. 3 (1:30 p.m.) Preschool Storytime – For caregivers and their children ages 3-5 (not yet in kindergarten).
Wednesday, Feb. 4 (3:30 p.m.) Brain Builders: Engineering – Bring your ideas and imagination and join us for hands-on fun as we use building bricks to create with. Registration required.
Wednesday, Jan. 21 (3:30 p.m.) Round Table – Join other teens at the Round TABLE and do what Teens At Bay Library Enjoy … whether it be projects that serve the community, help the library or sometimes just hang out and have fun together. This program is an on-going series and snacks will be provided. Registration is required, along with a permission slip signed by a parent or guardian.
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays (3:15 p.m.) Teen Zone – Video games, challenges, art and more – join us for something fun to do after school most every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday! Check with the library for details. Parents need to sign one permission form, good for all of the fall programs. Programs provided courtesy of the Friends of the Bay Village Branch.
Monday, Feb. 2 (7 p.m.) Author Allan May – Allan May, local author of "The Sly-Fanner Murders: The Birth of the Mayfield Road Mob" will talk about one of the most violent periods in the history of Cleveland. Book signing to follow presentation.
Wednesday, Feb. 4 (7 p.m.) Best Books of 2014 – Join us as Bill Kelly, Beachwood branch manager and "Book Guru" will share the notable books of 2014. Titles listed on various notable lists will be presented along with some of Bill's personal favorites from the past year.
Please register to attend the programs online at cuyahogalibrary.org, call us at 440-871-692, or stop in to the library at 502 Cahoon Road and register with a librarian.
CCPL - Bay Village Branch, Adult Reference Staff