Upcoming programs at Bay Village Branch Library
As we end February and head into the month of March, we really can start to look forward to spring! Are you thinking of the spring cleaning projects you want to get done? Why not stop at the Bay Village library for some help with that. Check out our books on cleaning, organizing and renovating. And while you're here, don't forget to grab some CDs or audiobooks to listen to as you get to work on your projects.
Storytimes: Caregivers and their children are invited to enjoy rhymes, songs, fingerplays, books and stories together. No registration is required.
- Wednesday, Feb. 18 and March 4 (9:30 a.m.) Baby & Me Storytime – For caregivers and their children ages birth to 18 months.
- Thursdays, Feb. 19 and 26 (11 a.m.) Preschool Storytime – For caregivers and their children ages 3-5 (not yet in kindergarten).
- Thursdays, Feb. 19 and 26 (7 p.m.) Family Storytime – For children of all ages with a caregiver.
- Fridays, Feb. 20 and 27 (9:30 a.m.) Family Storytime – For children of all ages and a caregiver.
- Mondays, Feb. 23 and March 2 (9:30 a.m.) Toddler Storytime – For caregivers and their children ages 19-35 months.
- Tuesdays, Feb. 24 and March 3 (9:30 a.m.) Toddler Storytime – For caregivers and their children ages 19-35 months.
- Tuesday, Feb. 24 (1:30 p.m.) Preschool Storytime – For caregivers and their children ages 3-5 (not yet in kindergarten).
Wednesday, Feb. 25 (9:30 a.m.) Play, Learn and Grow - Children ages birth to 5 years are invited to this casual, drop-in play program. Rotate through the many hands-on stations to stimulate your little one's mind. Check out the many toys available to check out through our library toy catalog.
Tuesday, March 3 (1:30 p.m.) Whooo's Ready for School? Kindergarten Readiness – Help your preschooler make the transition into their first year of school. Explore hands-on activity stations together. This month's theme is "Off to Work" – explore having a job and choosing a career.
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays (3:15 p.m.) Teen Zone – Video games, challenges, art and more! Join us for something fun to do after school most every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday! Check with the library for details. Parents need to sign one permission form, good for all of the fall programs. Programs provided courtesy of the Friends of the Bay Village Branch.
Wednesday, Feb. 18 (7 p.m.) The Sly-Fanner Murders: The Birth of the Mayfield Road Mob – On Dec. 31, 1920, one of Cleveland's most sensational robberies occurred. As a result, Wilfred Sly and George Fanner of the W.W. Sly Manufacturing Company were murdered. Join us as Allan May presents his book, "The Sly-Fanner Murders: The Birth of the Mayfield Road Mob, Cleveland's Most Notorious Mafia Gang." Book sale and signing to follow the presentation.
Thursday, Feb. 26 (7 p.m.) - Author Laura Peskin – The author of "Deep Cover Cleveland: 99 Little Known Things about Northeast Ohio" will talk about the history of Cleveland spanning from geologic time and the last ice age up to the financial depression of 1893.
Wednesday, March 4 (7 p.m.) Full Circle: The Cleveland Women – Join Katherine Kohl for an interesting look at the lives of women involved in making history in the Cleveland area as well as in our nation.
Please register to attend the programs online at cuyahogalibrary.org, call us at 440-871-692, or stop in to the library at 502 Cahoon Road and register with a librarian.
CCPL - Bay Village Branch, Adult Reference Staff