Bay Village senior center offers something for everyone
The mission of the Dwyer Memorial Senior Center is to offer social, educational, and wellness programs for people ages 55 and up that will improve their quality of life. We do this by offering a variety of activities and services, including:
- Exercise classes, from line dancing to tai chi to yoga. We will be offering Silver Sneakers classes in the near future.
- Activities, such as card playing, a fully equipped woodshop, knitting and needlecraft and entertainment programs
- Monthly trips and outings to area restaurants, museums, exhibits and entertainment
- Informational programs provided by community partners and experts
- Book clubs
- Transportation services to seniors and those with disabilities.
- Meals on Wheels
- Weekly blood pressure clinics staffed by area health professionals
- A variety of volunteer opportunities
In addition, we also provide valuable resources for services that are available to seniors, such as housing options, long term planning, energy assistance programs and a medical equipment loan program.
You do not need to be a Bay Village resident to attend any of our programs. All of our activities are listed in a monthly calendar and our Prime Times newsletter, which can be picked up at the Dwyer Center. These can also be viewed online at cityofbayvillage.com.
Feel free to call the Dwyer Center with any questions, or to ask about our programs, at 440-899-3409.
Upcoming Events at the Dwyer Center:
Fridays through April 10 – Free AARP tax assistance. Call 440-899-3442 for an appointment.
Wednesday, March 4, 10 a.m. – Musical Bingo. Bingo combined with Name that Tune! Come join the fun!
Wednesday, March 11, 9:30a.m. – Reverse Mortgage Seminar with light breakfast.
Thursday, March 12, 7 p.m. – Evening ballroom dance lessons; open to singles and couples.
Wednesday, March 25, 9:30 a.m. – 21st Century Care: How to Age in Place; with light breakfast.
Thursday, March 26, 10:30 a.m. – Trip to the Cleveland Museum of Art, followed by a stop at Coquette Patisserie.
May 17, 12:15 p.m. – Trip to the Palace Theatre for "I Love Lucy Live on Stage."
June 4, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. – Clear Out Your Clutter Giant Garage Sale!