Upcoming programs at Bay Village Branch Library
Students are heading back to school and you may be looking for a way to keep the younger children entertained while their older siblings are at school. Stop by one of the Bay library weekly storytimes, which start back up on Monday, Aug. 31. Please see the list below for days and times.
Also, starting Sept. 8, teens can join us on select days from 3-4 p.m. for our afterschool program, Teen Zone. See below for more details.
Storytimes: Caregivers and their children are invited to enjoy rhymes, songs, fingerplays, books and stories together. No registration is required.
- Mondays (10 a.m.) Toddler Storytime – For caregivers and their children ages 19-35 months.
- Tuesdays (10 a.m.) Toddler Storytime – For caregivers and their children ages 19-35 months.
- Wednesdays (10 a.m.) Baby & Me Storytime – For caregivers and their children ages birth to 18 months.
- Thursdays (10 a.m.) Preschool Storytime – For caregivers and their children ages 3-5 (not yet in kindergarten).
- Fridays (10 a.m.) Family Storytime – For children of all ages and a caregiver.
Beginning Sept. 8, the Bay Village Branch Library will host Teen Zone for middle and high school students. The program will be held on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoons from 3-4 p.m. in the meeting room of the library.
Teen Zone participants will have the opportunity to engage in various fun activities. Each participant must have a signed permission slip by his or her legal guardian, which will cover activities throughout the 2015-2016 school year.
Teen Zone activities include: trivia, minute-to-win it contests, video gaming, crafts, exploring iPad apps, learning about coding and 3D design and community service opportunities. The book discussion is a new feature this year; the first book discussion will take place on Sept. 24 and the title will be "33 Minutes" by Todd Hasak-Lowy.
Please register to attend the programs online at cuyahogalibrary.org, call us at 440-871-6392, or stop in to the library at 502 Cahoon Road and register with a librarian.
CCPL - Bay Village Branch, Adult Reference Staff