Upcoming programs at Bay Village Branch Library
If you receive an e-reader this holiday season and want help on how to get started with downloadables on the Cuyahoga County Public Library's website, please join us at the Bay Village branch library on Wednesday nights from 6:30-8 p.m. A librarian can help get you started on your way to searching and downloading books, music, and movies on your device.
Our storytimes will start back up the first week of January. See below for days and times.
*The library will be closed on Dec. 24, 25, 26, 27, 31 and Jan. 1.
Tuesday, Dec. 15 to Wednesday, Dec. 23 (all day) Make and Take Seasonal Craft – Stop by and make a craft to take home.
Thursday, Dec. 17 (4 p.m.) Cookies and Books – Children in grades 3-4 are invited to join us to discuss "The Invention of Hugo Cabret" by Brian Selznick. Copies of the book are available one month before the discussion. A parent/guardian must sign a release form before the program. Refreshments sponsored by the Friends of the Bay Village Library.
Storytimes: Caregivers and their children are invited to enjoy rhymes, songs, fingerplays, books and stories together. No registration is required.
- Monday, Jan. 4 (10 a.m.) Toddler Storytime – ages 19-35 months.
- Tuesday, Jan. 5(10 a.m.) Toddler Storytime – ages 19-35 months.
- Tuesday, Jan. 5 (6:45 p.m.) Family Storytime – for all ages
- Wednesday, Jan. 6 (10 a.m.) Baby and Me Storytime – ages birth-18 months
- Thursday, Jan. 7 (10 a.m.) Preschool Storytime – ages 3-5 (not yet in kindergarten)
- Thursday, Jan. 7 (6:45) Sensory Storytime - Geared for children who are developmentally at the preschool level and specifically designed for children with special needs and their families. The program incorporates a scheduled board, double visuals and sensory opportunities for participants as well as socialization time following the program.
- Friday, Jan. 8 (10 a.m.) Family Storytime – for all ages
Thursday, Dec. 17 (3 p.m.) Tween Book Discussion – Join us for "book soup," a discussion about all the great books you are reading!
Tuesday, Dec. 15 (7 p.m.) All Cleveland Access: The Rock and Roll Photography of Janet Macoska – Join Bay Village author Peter Chakerian and photojournalist Janet Macoska as they present their new book, "All Access Cleveland: The Rock and Roll Photography of Janet Macoska." A book sale and signing will follow the presentation. This event is sponsored by the Friends of the Bay Village Branch.
Wednesday, Dec. 16 (7 p.m.) Create Greeting Cards – This program for adults will consist of writing and designing greeting cards using different techniques and equipment.
Thursday, Dec. 17 (7 p.m.) Author Dennis Manoloff: From Andrews to Zastudil – Join us as Dennis Manoloff presents his book, "From Andrews to Zastudil: A Collection of the Plain Dealer Sportswriter Dennis Manoloff's Favorite Interviews." A book sale and signing will follow.
Wednesday, Jan. 13 (7 p.m.) From Refugee to Neighbor - Through the showing of several, short documentary-style films, this presentation opens a community conversation about Cleveland’s changing diversity in culture and population, thanks to the arrival of refugees to our community. Members of the Refugee Services Collaborative of Greater Cleveland will address myths about these newcomers, and offer stories and data to spark added discussion about future opportunities for Cleveland.
Please register to attend the programs online at cuyahogalibrary.org, call us at 440-871-6392, or stop in to the library at 502 Cahoon Road and register with a librarian.
CCPL - Bay Village Branch, Adult Reference Staff