Upcoming programs at Bay Village branch library
Recently the American Library Association honored Viet Thanh Nguyen's debut novel, "The Sympathizer," and Sally Mann's memoir, "Hold Still," with the Andrew Carnegie Medal for Excellence in fiction and non-fiction. Bill Kelly – a jurist on the Andrew Carnegie Medal Committee, former chair of the ALA Notable Books Council, Adult Services Supervisor with the Cuyahoga County Public Library and "literary guru" – will join us at the Bay Village Branch Library on Wednesday, Feb. 3, at 7 p.m. to discuss the best books of 2015. Come find out what great reads you may have missed this past year.
Storytimes: Caregivers and their children are invited to enjoy rhymes, songs, fingerplays, books and stories together. No registration is required.
- Mondays (10 a.m.) Toddler Storytime – ages 19-35 months.
- Tuesdays (10 a.m.) Toddler Storytime – ages 19-35 months.
- Tuesdays (6:45 p.m.) Family Storytime – for all ages
- Wednesdays (10 a.m.) Baby and Me Storytime – ages birth-18 months
- Thursdays (10 a.m.) Preschool Storytime – ages 3-5 (not yet in kindergarten)
- Thursdays (6:45 p.m.) Sensory Storytime – Geared for children who are developmentally at the preschool level and specifically designed for children with special needs and their families. The program incorporates a scheduled board, double visuals and sensory opportunities for participants as well as socialization time following the program.
- Fridays (10 a.m.) Family Storytime – for all ages
Stuffed Animal Sleepover – Drop off your stuffed animal at the Bay Village Library on Tuesday, Jan. 26, any time between 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Then join us for a stuffed animal sleepover party on Wednesday, Jan. 27, at 3:15 p.m. for stories, crafts and activities when you pick up your favorite stuffed friend. One stuffed animal per child.
Saturday, Feb. 13 (11 a.m.) A Little House Birthday in the Big Woods – For grades 1-4. It’s Laura Ingalls Wilder’s birthday – let’s celebrate with pioneer crafts, snacks, and other hands-on activities! We’ll read excerpts from her books and learn about her life and times. Let’s go back in time to travel across the prairie to spend some time in Walnut Grove!
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays (3 p.m.) Teen Zone – Students in grades 5 and up can stop in to enjoy fun apps, book discussions, video games, community service, challenges and more! Parents need to sign only one permission form for the school year.
Thursday, Jan. 21 (3 p.m.) Tween Book Discussion – For grades 5-8. Join us for a discussion of "Courage for Beginners" by Karen Harrington.
Wednesdays, Jan. 20 and Jan. 27 (6:30 p.m.) E-Book and Downloadables Assistance – Drop in for assistance with downloading books, magazines and audiobooks on your portable device. Familiarity with your device, and account access information, is recommended. Every Wednesday evening from 6:30-8 p.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 3 (7 p.m.) Best Books of 2015 – Join us as the CCPL Adult Services Manager Bill Kelly introduces some of the Best Books of 2015.
CCPL - Bay Village Branch, Adult Reference Staff