Upcoming programs at Bay Village Branch Library
Twenty-seven years ago, "Major League" was released in movie theaters and became one of the most beloved baseball comedies. Get your behind the scenes look at this baseball classic on Monday, April 11, at 7 p.m. when author Jonathan Knight will join us at the Bay Village branch library to discuss his book, "The Making of Major League." Filled with little-known facts and personal recollections about outtakes and inside jokes, batting practice and script changes, all-night location shoots, bar hopping and more, this is the ultimate guide to the film that reinvented the baseball movie and inspired a generation of belly laughs.
Storytimes: Caregivers and their children are invited to enjoy rhymes, songs, fingerplays, books and stories together. No registration is required.
- Mondays (10 a.m.) Toddler Storytime – ages 19-35 months.
- Tuesdays (10 a.m.) Toddler Storytime – ages 19-35 months.
- Tuesdays (6:45 p.m.) Family Storytime – for all ages
- Wednesdays (10 a.m.) Baby and Me Storytime – ages birth-18 months
- Thursdays (10 a.m.) Preschool Storytime – ages 3-5 (not yet in kindergarten)
- Thursdays (6:45 p.m.) Sensory Storytime – Geared for children who are developmentally at the preschool level and specifically designed for children with special needs and their families. The program incorporates a schedule board, double visuals and sensory opportunities for participants as well as socialization time following the program.
- Fridays (10 a.m.) Family Storytime – for all ages
Thursday, April 21 (4 p.m.) Cookies and Books – Children in grades 3-4 are invited to join us to discuss a good book. Copies of this month's book, "Tiger Boy" by Mitali Perkins, will be available one month before the discussion.
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays (3 p.m.) Teen Zone – Students in grades 5 and up can stop in to enjoy fun apps, book discussions, video games, community service, challenges and more!
Wednesday, April 6 (3 p.m.) NASA's Journey to Mars – Grades 5 & up: Are you interested in programming with real NASA scientists? Join us to learn about the Mars Rover and what discoveries it has made.
Thursday, April 7 (3 p.m.) Teen Coding Club – Grades 5-8: Want to crack into computer programming? Each session we'll explore different tools to create web pages, make video games, program robots and more. Bring an email account (for which you know the password), and make sure to bring a flash drive to save your work.
Wednesday, April 6 (7 p.m.) Master Gardeners: Native Plants, Rugged Easy Care Survivors – Join us as the Master Gardeners of Cuyahoga County present gardening with native plants. Native plants possess certain traits that make them uniquely adapted to local conditions. These plants have evolved over a long period of time, in response to the following characteristics of our region: climate, soils, rainfall, drought and frost. In addition, native plants can often match non-natives in ruggedness and resistance to insects and disease.
Monday, April 11 (7 p.m.) The Making of Major League: Jonathan Knight – Please join us as Jonathan Knight, author of "The Making of Major League," gives us a behind-the-scenes look at one of the greatest baseball movies ever.
Wednesday, April 13 (7 p.m.) Fab 50s Cleveland Style - Re-live 1954: the year the Cleveland Indians, Browns and Barons were all in championship games, Marilyn Sheppard was murdered and Marilyn Monroe was married.
CCPL - Bay Village Branch, Adult Reference Staff