Bay Women's Club awards scholarships
The Bay Village Women’s Club Foundation is awarding $22,500 in scholarships of $2,500 each to nine outstanding Bay High School seniors. The Club recognized the students and their families May 12 during a luncheon at the Cleveland Yachting Club. The Bay High School String Quintet provided entertainment.
This year’s scholarship recipients are as follows, with their school and major:
- Rachel Hamilton, Case Western Reserve University, cognitive science and neurology
- Evan Harms, Kent State University, multimedia journalism
- Jocelyn Joseph, Baldwin Wallace University, psychology and pre-medicine
- Katelyn Laskowski, Cuyahoga Community College, criminology
- Annamarie McGuire, West Virginia University, forensic science
- Moira Meehan, Ohio Wesleyan University, biology and fine arts
- Alysse Nowak, Ohio University, chemistry and pre-medicine
- Matthew Szekely, Kent State University, music education
- Rachel Zvara, Cleveland State University, undecided
Bay Village Women's Club is a non-profit social and charitable organization that supports needs in the city of Bay Village.