Upcoming programs at Bay Village Branch Library
It's that time of year again, our annual ice-cream social! Join your friends, neighbors and library staff for a scoop of yummy Mitchell's ice cream at the Bay Village branch library on Wednesday, June 22, from 6:00-8:00 p.m. Enjoy your tasty treat and the cool musical stylings of The Desmond and Molly Band, as well as a visit from The Fairytale Foundation princesses.
As a convenience to our customers, Cuyahoga County Public Library branches recently began selling postage stamps, offices supplies, and RTA bus passes. Stop by the Bay Village branch library to pick up any items you may need.
Join us at the Bay Village pool for poolside storytimes. The poolside storytimes will be held Mondays and Tuesdays at 2 p.m. We hope to see you there this summer!
Storytimes: Caregivers and their children are invited to enjoy rhymes, songs, fingerplays, books and stories together. No registration is required.
- Mondays (10 a.m.) Toddler Storytime – ages 19-35 months.
- Tuesdays (10 a.m.) Toddler Storytime – ages 19-35 months.
- Tuesdays (6:45 p.m.) Family Storytime – for all ages
- Wednesdays (10 a.m.) Baby and Me Storytime – ages birth-18 months
- Thursdays (10 a.m.) Preschool Storytime – ages 3-5 (not yet in kindergarten)
- Thursdays (6:45 p.m.) Sensory Storytime – Geared for children who are developmentally at the preschool level and specifically designed for children with special needs and their families. The program incorporates a schedule board, double visuals and sensory opportunities for participants as well as socialization time following the program.
- Fridays (10 a.m.) Family Storytime – for all ages
Saturday, June 11 (2 p.m.) Light Up Your Summer – For grades 1-3. Light up your summer with fun and illuminating activities. Join us in sharing firefly and summer adventure books. Participate in crafting your own Storybook Lantern and Critter Bookmark using LEDs and other light sources.
Monday, June 20 (2 p.m.) Monday Movies at the Library – Cool off this summer by visiting the library for a special screenings of popular movies. Bring a blanket and pillow or sleeping bag. A parent/guardian must sign a release form before the program. Sponsored by the Friends of the Bay Village Branch Library.
Friday, June 17 (10 a.m.) BAYarts Book Discussion – Join us for this monthly book discussion on the BAYarts campus on the porch of the Fuller House. Copies of this month's book, "A Man Called Ove" by Fredrik Backman, will be available at the library and BAYarts one month prior to the discussion.
Monday, June 20 (7 p.m.) Heart Healthy Habits – Are your habits hurting your health? Join a MetroHealth expert to learn how making little changes to your daily routine can help you lead a healthier lifestyle. Learn tips to keep your heart healthy and why prevention is important to combating heart disease.
CCPL - Bay Village Branch, Adult Reference Staff