Upcoming programs at Bay Village branch library
The Bay Village Branch library has some great programs coming up. Join us at one of them or come browse through our books, DVDs, or AV collection. Whether you want to check out some new BBQ recipes, find that great beach read, or need a good family audiobook for a road trip, we can help you find it.
Don't forget to sign up for the Summer Reading Game. It ends Aug. 6, so you still have time to participate. It's a fun way to keep all ages interested in reading over the summer.
Join us at the Bay Village pool for poolside storytimes. The poolside storytimes will be held Mondays and Tuesdays at 2 p.m. We hope to see you there this summer!
Storytimes: Caregivers and their children are invited to enjoy rhymes, songs, fingerplays, books and stories together. No registration is required.
- Mondays (10 a.m.) Toddler Storytime – ages 19-35 months.
- Tuesdays (10 a.m.) Toddler Storytime – ages 19-35 months.
- Tuesdays (6:45 p.m.) Family Storytime – for all ages
- Wednesdays (10 a.m.) Baby and Me Storytime – ages birth-18 months
- Thursdays (10 a.m.) Preschool Storytime – ages 3-5 (not yet in kindergarten)
- Thursdays (6:45 p.m.) Sensory Storytime – Geared for children who are developmentally at the preschool level and specifically designed for children with special needs and their families. The program incorporates a schedule board, double visuals and sensory opportunities for participants as well as socialization time following the program.
- Fridays (10 a.m.) Family Storytime – for all ages
Wednesday, July 6 (7 p.m.) Wonderful World of Bubbles – Prepare to be amazed at this spectacular show! You won’t believe your eyes as the Bubble Lady herself creates bubbles like you’ve never seen before!
Wednesday, July 20 (2 p.m.) Building Bricks @ the Library – Grades K-3: Calling all LEGO fans! You bring the imagination and we’ve got the bricks! We’ll work through a few friendly challenges then share our creations. Registration required.
Thursday, July 21 (2 p.m.) Cookies and Books – Grades 3-4: Join us to discuss a good book. Copies of the book, "Rescue on the Oregon Trail" by Kate Messner, will be available one month before the discussion.
Wednesday, July 20 (2 p.m.) Death Gets a Red Card Mystery – Who would want to murder the school’s star soccer player? Examine the evidence and use your powers of reasoning to help solve the mystery and bring the villain to justice! Registration required. Participants may be recorded and/or surveyed to capture program’s effectiveness.
Friday, July 15 (10 a.m.) BAYarts Book Discussion – Join friends, neighbors and library staff for a monthly book discussion on the BAYarts campus on the porch of the Fuller House. Copies of this month's book, "The Round House" by Louise Erdrich, will be available at the library and BAYarts one month prior to the discussion.
Wednesday, July 20 (7 p.m.) Just Jazz – Smooth jazz and swinging pop sounds of today and yesterday using the live music of horns, drums, piano, bass, guitar and talented male and female vocalists.
Please register to attend the programs online at cuyahogalibrary.org, call us at 440-871-6392, or stop in to the library at 502 Cahoon Road and register with a librarian.
CCPL - Bay Village Branch, Adult Reference Staff