Upcoming programs at Bay Village Branch Library
Storytimes: Caregivers and their children are invited to enjoy rhymes, songs, fingerplays, books and stories together. No registration is required.
- Mondays (10 a.m.) Toddler Storytime – ages 19-35 months.
- Tuesdays (10 a.m.) Toddler Storytime – ages 19-35 months.
- Tuesdays (6:45 p.m.) Family Storytime – for all ages
- Wednesdays (10 a.m.) Baby and Me Storytime – ages birth-18 months
- Thursdays (10 a.m.) Preschool Storytime – ages 3-5 (not yet in kindergarten)
- Thursdays (6:45 p.m.) Sensory Storytime – Geared for children who are developmentally at the preschool level and specifically designed for children with special needs and their families. The program incorporates a schedule board, double visuals and sensory opportunities for participants as well as socialization time following the program.
- Fridays (10 a.m.) Family Storytime – for all ages
Wednesday, July 20 (2 p.m.) Building Bricks @ the Library – Grades K-3: Calling all LEGO fans! You bring the imagination and we’ve got the bricks! We’ll work through a few friendly challenges then share our creations. Registration required.
Thursday, July 21 (2 p.m.) Cookies and Books – Grades 3-4: Join us to discuss a good book. Copies of the book, "Rescue on the Oregon Trail" by Kate Messner, will be available one month before the discussion.
Thursday, July 28 (2 p.m.) Silly Olympics – Grades 1-4: Catch the Olympic fever at our fun event! We will play silly games in the spirit of friendly competition and celebrate our talented athletes. Registration required.
Wednesday, July 20 (2 p.m.) Death Gets a Red Card Mystery – Who would want to murder the school’s star soccer player? Examine the evidence and use your powers of reasoning to help solve the mystery and bring the villain to justice! Registration required. Participants may be recorded and/or surveyed to capture program’s effectiveness.
Wednesday, July 20 (7 p.m.) Just Jazz – Smooth jazz and swinging pop sounds of today and yesterday using the live music of horns, drums, piano, bass, guitar and talented male and female vocalists.
Wednesday, August 10 (7 p.m.) Stadiums of Cleveland – Stroll down memory lane with a look at Cleveland’s League Park, home to the Cleveland baseball team until 1946. Then move on to Municipal Stadium, from construction to demolition, and the events held there: baseball, football, concerts and more. This virtual tour closes with a brief look at Progressive Field and FirstEnergy Stadium.
Please register to attend the programs online at cuyahogalibrary.org, call us at 440-871-6392, or stop in to the library at 502 Cahoon Road and register with a librarian.
CCPL - Bay Village Branch, Adult Reference Staff