Local Questers chapter receives restoration grant
The Westshore Questers chapter, David R. Bain #1491, is applying a grant it received from the International Questers Organization for the restoration of the first floor of the Briggs House, located in the Frostville Museum on Cedar Point Road in North Olmsted.
The restoration project includes the removal of the old carpeting, thin plywood underlayment and the various adhesives (installed in the 1990s) to reveal and restore the original tongue-and-groove hardwood floor. This will enhance the appearance and authenticity of this 1800s home.
The Briggs family lived in the house for 130 years. The family donated the house to the Olmsted Historical Society in 1969. The Olmsted Historical Society had the house moved from its original location on the corner of Lorain and Stearns roads in North Olmsted, to its present location. The Briggs House is owned by the Cleveland Metroparks and maintained by the Olmsted Historical Society.
The Questers is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the research and study of antiques and the preservation and restoration of memorials, historic buildings and landmarks, as well as education. Questers was founded in Pennsylvania in 1944 by Bess Bardens.
New members are always welcome to join Questers. The David R. Bain chapter consists of members from Bay Village, Westlake and surrounding communities. For more information call 215-923-5183 or visit questers1944.org.
Chairman, Preservation & Restoration State chapter,David R. Bain #1491 International Questers