Westlake Law Director Candidate: Andrea F. Rocco
Dear Westlake residents,
Westlake needs a strong, independent law director who will fight for its residents and victims of crime – and collaborate with the mayor and council. An attorney for 24 years and a Westlake resident for nearly as many, civic participation is integral to who I am. My ties are to Westlake.
Open government has been the bedrock of my career. Already residents have shared their concerns and they will be my focus:
- Tackle nuisance properties
- Eliminate high speed vehicular zones
- Address Crocker Park safety
- Vet city contracts to ensure they benefit Westlake
- Reduce outside legal fees
- Initiate community meetings to keep abreast of citizens’ concerns
My legal experience encompasses civil, criminal, municipal and agency law in state and federal courts. My management success and community commitment and engagement will be the cornerstone for serving as law director:
Westlake Assistant Law Director and prosecutor: Focused on community communication, victim rights and law enforcement initiatives.
- Cuyahoga County Clerk of Courts: Strived to make the office financially accountable, transparent, and accessible to the public. Returned millions of dollars to proper entities and cut hundreds of thousands via cost saving procedures from the tax supported budget.
- Assistant Ohio Attorney General: Protected and defended employment rights of the working class. Westlake School Board member (three terms), president, vice president: Listened and found common goals with families and business leaders. Honored to have the endorsements of Westlake Police and Fire, I’ll be fair and tough on crime.
Respectfully I request your vote Nov. 7.