Celebrate National Novel Writing Month at Westlake Porter Public Library!
Westlake Porter Public Library is celebrating National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) with a series of author talks and drop-in writing sessions for the entire month of November.
Four local authors will speak about their writing and publication experiences, including overcoming fears, writing in specific genres, and navigating the ins and outs of publication. You don't have to be a writer to enjoy these programs! Registration is currently open.
Featured authors are:
- D.M. Pulley on Historical Mysteries: Tuesday, Nov. 7 (7-8:30 p.m.). D.M. Pulley, bestselling author of “The Dead Key,” “The Buried Book” and the upcoming “The Unclaimed Victim,” will discuss how she overcame her fear of writing and how she develops historical mysteries.
- Beth Donaldson on Romance Novels: Tuesday, Nov. 14 (7-8:30 p.m.). Join Beth on a journey through Amazon’s self-publishing platforms. Beth, who has self-published three contemporary romance novels, will discuss the ins, outs, pros, cons, successes and fails on the road to her happily ever after as a (finally!) published author.
- Marsha McGregor on Memoirs: Wednesday, Nov. 29 (3-4:30 p.m.). If you feel drawn to express your personal life stories on paper, Marsha McGregor from Literary Cleveland is here to help. Learn creative but practical tools to mine your experiences and what they mean to you, as well as ways to craft those experiences into compelling writing. Come prepared to write in class!
Opportunities for drop-in writing sessions will also be available for writers who need a quiet space to write, brainstorm and create. The library will provide space, power strips and snacks during the following dates:
- Tuesday, Nov. 14 (2-5 p.m.)
- Monday, Nov. 20 (5:30-8:30 p.m.)
- Thursday, Nov. 30 (5:30-8:30 p.m.)
Please call 440-871-2600 or visit westlakelibrary.org with questions or to sign up.
We are the Adult Services department at the Westlake Porter Public Library.