Dwyer Center hosts 'What You Need to Know Before You Retire' series
Retirement is a big decision, and one that takes planning if you are to retire successfully. Finances, Social Security, Medicare and what to do with all that free time are some of the biggest issues you need to think about. These topics and more will be covered in a five-part series called Retirement 101, presented by the Bay Village Senior Center:
- Using Work to Your Advantage – Tuesday, April 17, 7 p.m. This workshop is for those thinking ahead to when they will need to determine their optimal employment situation both prior to and during retirement, along with fallback options to fill gaps in income. Participants may be trying to determine when they can stop working full-time.
- When to Claim Social Security – Tuesday, April 24, 7 p.m. This workshop is for adults nearing retirement and exploring when to stop working full-time and start collecting their Social Security benefits. Younger audience members may be considering an early retirement and wondering how various work and life circumstances will affect the amount of Social Security retirement benefits they will receive and how this decision will affect their retirement paycheck.
- MEDICARE 101 – Tuesday, May 1, 7 p.m. Hosted by the Ohio Senior Health Insurance Information Program (OSHIIP). Many people who are ready to or have joined Medicare have questions and concerns about their health coverage. Important deadlines exist for certain benefits. Come to get your questions answered and learn about Medicare benefits, supplemental insurance policies, Medicare Advantage plans and prescription drug coverage.
- Managing Retirement Plan Assets: Informed Retirement Decisions – Tuesday, May 8, 7 p.m. This workshop is for those nearing retirement and are considering how their employer-based retirement plans will contribute to their income in retirement. Some audience members may be uncertain or unaware of how to build up retirement plan assets or roll over retirement plan assets. Decisions they make about how and when to use their retirement plan assets can have a long-term impact on their retirement paycheck.
- So You’ve Retired. Now What? – Tuesday, May 15, 5-8 p.m. This session will focus on the personal fulfillment of the new retiree. At 6 p.m. there will be a panel discussion with retirees who are either volunteering and/or went back to work. There will also be a Volunteer Fair with many organizations represented that offer a variety of volunteer opportunities.
You do not need to attend every session. RSVP to 899-3442, or email@example.com. All programs will be held at the Bay Village Dwyer Memorial Senior Center, 300 Bryson Lane.
Leslie Selig, Director of Community Services for Bay Village