Bay Village Memorial Day observance schedule
It is that time of the year when we start to think about summer and look forward to the Memorial Day weekend. While many think of this as a “holiday” it is really a “remembrance” day. It is meant to remember all the men and women who have served our country and have passed away.
This year the Bay Village Memorial Day Parade will be on Monday, May 28. The parade’s timetable is as follows:
- 8:00 a.m. – Parade participants assemble in Huntington Beach parking lot on Lake Road
- 8:45 a.m. – Parade marches west on Lake Road to Lakeside Cemetery
- 9:00 a.m. – Ceremonies at Lakeside Cemetery
- 9:15 a.m. – Parade marches east on Lake Road to the Cahoon Park gazebo
- 9:45 a.m. – Ceremonies at Cahoon Park
This year’s speaker is Fred Green. Fred is a Vietnam veteran and commander of Bay Village VFW Post 9693. The parade committee invites all veterans and Blue and Gold Star mothers to participate and march in the parade.
American Legion Post 385 is the main organizer of the parade with assistance from Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 249 and VFW Post 9693. Any questions regarding the parade can be addressed to Joe Cronin of the American Legion at 216-521-7849.