'Old Hurst Home' at 2004 Dover Center Road dates to 1854
(click photo to enlarge)
This circa 1854 home on Dover Center Road once belonged to James D. Hurst and his wife, Lydia. Photo by William Krause
Mr. and Mrs. James D. Hurst in front of their general store on the northwest corner of Center Ridge and Dover Center, in 1895. Also pictured are sons Russell and Lloyd (or Leland). Picture courtesy of Westlake Historical Society
Thomas Hurst’s circa 1838 home, pictured at left in this drawing, still exists on the north side of Detroit Road.