Westlake Kiwanis thanks public for Memorial Day participation
The Westlake Kiwanis would like to thank the public for their participation in their annual Memorial Day Parade – the many people who lined Hilliard during the parade and those who attended the services at the Gazebo along with the many antique vehicles and marching units.
Particular thanks go to:
- 91-year-old Tom Hill, a WWII veteran who served in the European Theater under General Patton for leading the singing of the national anthem;
- Guest speaker Charlotte Ramser for her moving reading of a letter from her father, a glider pilot shot down over enemy territory and eventual rescue and rehabilitation;
- Lt. Col. Terry Crist's salute to veterans;
- Regina McCarthy's donation of a memorial wreath;
- Hilary Patriok, Westlake Schools band director, for her wonderful musical program; and
- The Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts and Girls Scouts for their part in the Memorial Service.
I am a member of the Westlake Kiwanis and and advisor for the Westlake Kiwanis Aktion Club.