Westlake rubbish/recycling collection going automated: Things to be aware of
Starting the week of Aug. 4, Westlake is changing to more automated garbage collection. During the last week of July, each single-family home will receive one rubbish and one recycle cart.
Westlake has unlimited garbage collection. Extra garbage can be collected in bags and placed next to rubbish cart. For additional or missing carts, call Rumpke Customer Service at 800-828-8171 after August.
Pickup and holiday schedules remain the same.
- Place rubbish and recycling carts on opposite sides of the driveway.
- Do not use plastic bags for recyclables. Place recyclables loosely in the cart.
- Old garbage bins cannot be recycled but can be used for brush collection by the city.
- Rumpke will continue to collect bulk items (mattresses, furniture, appliances) weekly but needs to be notified at least one day ahead.
- Carpets must be rolled and tied – maximum 4 feet long, 2 feet in diameter. Up to 10 rolls can be discarded at a time.
- All upholstered items: Mattresses, sofas, chairs need to be wrapped in plastic and taped, with no exposed area. If rubbish is not collected, call Rumpke directly for arrangements.
For more information visit: www.cityofwestlake.org/453/Rubbish-Recycling.