Bay Village Democrats gear up for November
The Bay Village Democratic Club is preparing for the November elections.
In recent weeks, club members have:
- Conducted trial runs at neighborhood canvassing, using special software to identify undecided voters as well as persons who say they are Democrats.
- Conducted weekly phone bank evenings to encourage residents to register to vote and participate in elections.
- Launched a website, baydems.org, that lists upcoming club meetings, guides viewers through the process to register to vote and provides an election precinct map for the city. Baydems.org also allows residents to file membership applications.
- Updated a Facebook page, The Bay Village Democrats.
- Re-elected Gerald R. Horning as City Leader within the Cuyahoga County Democratic Party. Horning already serves as club president.
The club has also began planning for the annual club Corn Roast, Wednesday, Sept. 19, from 6 to 8 p.m at Bay Lodge, 492 Bradley Road. All residents are invited to the roast, a traditional fall event to renew friendships, discuss politics and hear candidates for federal, state, county and local offices. Hot dogs, roasted corn and soft drinks will be served. There is no charge. Families often attend. Some people bring a side dish or dessert to share.
Comunications committee chair, Bay Dems
Volume 10, Issue 16, Posted 8:48 AM, 08.21.2018