Westlake Board of Education Candidate: Robert G. Stoll
As a current Westlake School Board Member, I have achieved five main goals while focusing on students:
- Opened a new elementary school (K-4) on time and on budget. The consolidation of four elementary schools into one saves over one million dollars each year.
- Fiscally responsible – Westlake has not had an operating levy since 2006.
- Hired a new superintendent and treasurer.
- Improved City of Westlake and Westlake Schools working relationship.
- 2019 Ohio Department of Education Report Card final grade is an “A”
If I have the privilege of being elected, I will focus on three areas:
- Focus on safety and security of our students, staff, teachers and parents.
- Provide our students the best education and technology while being fiscally responsible taxpayers.
- Improve communication between the Westlake schools and the Westlake community.
Christine & I have two daughters who attended Westlake schools K-12. Brittany graduated in 2014 and is currently an BSN/RN at Sarasota Memorial Hospital. Jessica graduated in 2017 and is a senior at Ashland University majoring in Supply Chain Management.
I have 30 years of experience as an engineer, plant manager and technical director. In 2012, I joined Ashland University as a Professor in supply chain management, serving as Department Chair since 2016. I earned a B.S. and M.B.A. from Rochester Institute of Technology, an M.S.M.E from Case Western Reserve University, and a Ph.D. from Cleveland State University. I am the President of the APICS Cleveland Chapter.