Then and Now in Dover, Part 4

(click photo to enlarge)

  • A 1911 Leiter postcard showing the earlier home of Dr. and Mrs. Stoll on the same parcel.

  • The circa 1912 Dr. and Mrs. Stoll house, 2543 Dover Center Road. Photo by Will Krause.

  • 1858 map, home on postcard is most likely the fifth house northeast of the intersection of Dover Center and Center Ridge Roads, which must have been torn down within a few years of the photograph.

  • 1914 Hopkins Plat book showing c. 1912 Dr. Stoll house. Note that his wife Eva is shown as the owner of the property with the house as well as the creek area behind it.

Back to Article