A Bay Village timeline, part 4

(click photo to enlarge)

  • 1. The Cleveland Metropolitan Park System bought the John Huntington Estate for $500,000 in 1925.

  • 2. In 1936, as a Works Progress Administration project, men from the Village and WPA converted the Cahoon Barn into the Community House.

  • 3. In 1947, the high school's name was changed from Parkview to Bay High School and the team was named the Rockets.

  • 5. Dr. Knoll built the first strip shopping center in Bay Village in 1949.

  • 6. The Village of Bay became a city in 1950.

Back to Article