Senior Strong program just a phone call away
During this stay-at-home time, the Westlake Senior and Community Services Department and Far West Center are teaming up to offer Senior Strong by phone. This four-part series is designed to support the emotional health and well-being of individuals in the 60-plus community.
Groups of 12 are invited to discuss ways to cope with the anxiety, isolation and stress which many are facing during the COVID-19 situation.
To take part in the program, all Westlake residents need is a phone and to follow these simple steps:
- Make a reservation with Westlake Senior and Community Services Center (space is limited to 12 patrons per session).
- Find a quiet, private place at home to join the phone program. Do not call while driving or in a public place.
- Dedicate one hour of time to participate.
- Read the information and materials for each session, which are sent in advance.
- Call a toll-free number at the designated date and time.
- Wait for the hosting program leader to begin when all participants have dialed in.
Senior Strong phone sessions are scheduled on four Wednesdays in August (5, 12, 19, 26) from 10 to 11 a.m. There is no charge for attending. For questions or to RSVP, please call 440-899-3544.
I handle Public Relations matters and website content for the City of Westlake.