Bay Village Snow Angels to shovel snow for seniors
One of the services most needed to enable Bay Village older adults to stay in their home is snow removal. In response to this need, Bay Village Community Services has developed the Snow Angels program, in which volunteers are matched with a qualifying senior who requested assistance. A Snow Angel coordinator pairs the volunteer with a neighbor for the winter season.
Becoming a Snow Angel is a great way to:
- Get involved in our wonderful Bay Village community;
- Get to know your elderly neighbors;
- Get fresh air & exercise this winter.
For those who need a Snow Angel:
- You must fill out an application and show proof of residency and income. To qualify, household income is not to exceed $30,000 per year.
- You will be assigned a volunteer or group of volunteers who will shovel your driveway and sidewalk when 2 inches of snow or more have fallen.
- You will be notified by the Snow Angels coordinator if you have qualified and have been paired with a Snow Angel.
To volunteer as a Snow Angel or receive an application, please contact Jennifer Ruese at 440-835-6565, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leslie Selig, Director of Community Services for Bay Village