Bay Schools shares summer facilities update
Over the summer, The Bay Village City School District started the process for conducting a facilities audit as part of a complimentary service offered by the Ohio Facilities Construction Commission (OFCS). Once this assessment of the district’s facilities is complete, results will be shared publicly.
Part of the district’s strategic plan and budget involves investing in buildings and grounds, and here are some of the capital improvement projects the district's facilities team and its vendors completed this summer:
• Concrete curb repair at Bay High, Bay Middle and Westerly.
• Upgrades and installations of additional security cameras at school buildings.
• Repitching the roof over the Normandy Library to eliminate water issues.
• Creating a vestibule area at the Glenview Center.
• Gym floor refinishing at Bay High and the Community Gym at Bay Middle.
• LED lighting conversion continues at all district buildings.
• Miscellaneous door replacements, tuckpointing and HVAC upgrades.
Karen Misciagna is the director of communications for Bay Village Schools.