Westlake unveils Recreation Master Plan Study
The City of Westlake would like to invite residents to the presentation of the steering committee’s Master Plan report on Citywide Recreational Usage. The meeting will take place on Tuesday, Jan. 27, at 7 p.m. in the chambers of City Council at Westlake City Hall.
The purpose of this plan is to address the needs of the community. A primary focus of the master planning process was to identify those needs. A number of methods were utilized to determine the needs and desires of Westlake residents for parks and recreation facilities and programs.
The public was involved in the process in the following methods:
- A public workshop at the beginning of the process.
- A statistically valid Community Attitude and Interest Survey conducted by ETC/Leisure Vision that was completed by 706 residents.
- A web-based survey that was completed by approximately 500 residents.
- A web-based community engagement effort through the Live Well, Play Hard!
- Westlake website, powered by MindMixer, which provided opportunities for input throughout the master plan process.
- An active Parks and Recreation Master Plan Advisory Committee.
- Meetings with over 20 stakeholder groups within the city.
The community is invited to hear the results of this process at City Hall on Jan. 27.
Athletic/Events Manager Westlake Recreation Department